Push Any Content
Bloggers are often pointed to as the taste-makers of internet. For example, in the music world, the hippest of hip music is usually first discovered and promoted by bloggers. Sadly, if they want to share cool stuff with their audiences, they still have to do it the Web 1.0 way.
The Content Commander wordpress plugin is here to save the day. Install it, activate it, give it your publish/subcribe keys, and just like that you’re pushing any content you want to your users in real-time, lickity-split! Even youtube embeds that start playing automatically! And of course, no reloading.
You can find it here. Installation and usage details after the jump.
- Download the code here.
- Drop the content_commander folder into your site’s wp-content/plugins/
- If you don’t have a PubNub account already, sign up for one here. Don’t worry, your blog’s visitors won’t need an account.
- Activate the plugin.
- Copy and paste your publish and subcribe keys here.
- You’re good to go! Put whatever content you want – this can be any embed codes, text, images, etc.
- You can choose to have it show up for only one post or at the top of the page.For all your viewers, this:Becomes this:
- Take a moment to revel in your successful life.